Thursday 4 March 2021

Ship Diorama Build Blog : HMS Rodney : Pt6

I've been looking at some reference material and I'm going to try to get close to, but I'm not obsessing over getting the same paint job... So here it is, lost of masking first off and then a solid colour, the numbers I give are all Revell Aqua Colour, and to remind you I'm brush painting.

From the stern, light Grey 73.  And you can see flexible tamiya masking tape to keep the rim of the hull coloured, but protect the deck itself.




I also used some humbrol maskol to keep the line perfect.




I put the dark gret and light blue 49, along with white 05 highlights.

And started to mask the areas for the darker shade, for which I selected Tar Black 08.









Peeling all the masking I'm getting slightly better I think, I've had very little bleed under, despite thinning the paint to keep the brush strokes from showing too much.


The reference I have is mainly long strokes, but at the bow there are these three rounded shapes in white, with inner grey circlets.







I started some of the deck details, marching the alignment of the hull shapes.

And finally, some gratuitous shots mounted on the base.













No comments:

Post a Comment