Thursday 11 March 2021

Bra's & Breasts, My Unique Perspective

So I just caught this on BBC News, take a look... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-56294680

I find it quite odd hearing Tanya there be uncomfortable, not because it's not for her, but because I used to work in the lingerie industry and used to talk about boobs and bra's and stats and fit all the time.

My role was supporting the computer systems, but I had to understand every step, from design mockups made of paper, to sewing stations, to giant cutting beds which would vacuum the layers of fabric to them and cut perfect edges, to washing tests and colour fastness... and of course breasts.

That didn't mean I saw woman wondering around topless ad infinium, far from it, but I have an appreciation of the challenge, both the development of such a business but especially the challenge in the product line.

Unfortunately not many women are comfortable talking to men about their breasts.

This was highlighted whilst my wife was going through treatment for breast cancer, she had four different operations and various appointments and procedures; the surgeons were mainly male (I think she saw one female surgeon) and my wife got very used to talking to them about things, showing them and working through the problem.  I did very much the same, I was not bothered about the topic of breasts.

I like them, they have their purpose for me and biologically and of course as part of a womans femininity, every woman's breasts are unique and their own, but girls, there's no need to be shy of talking about them.  Or indeed developing a company as Tanya is, good on her I say.

And yes, I'll talk to you about my moobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment