Thursday 25 March 2021

Ship Diorama Build Blog : HMS Rodney : Pt12

You may recall my attempt at making flags on foil, well... i tried again...


Laying out foil and picking it to fit the aft flag pole...


I even got the St George cross really nicely done...



It just utterly disintegrated when lifting up from painting...


So I went back to masking tape, and made this HORRID thing... I need to work on this basically... It may take hours.


I then painted all the ships boats with a brown wood, highlighted parts in white and fitted out the main boat deck.


Plus this one dinghy I saw.


I'm not happy about that hull slung boat yet, I did it's internals wood brown, but then the hull white, and whilst handling it into position I put marks in it, the hooks aren't straight, they match the marks in the plastic but I don't like them being pigeon toed like that.  Nothing I can do now though.

I also set the guns to be trained out to port, this is the angle the model will be set at, so we can see the secondary battery port side and the main guns on the base for the first time.

















No comments:

Post a Comment