Sunday 16 January 2022

Ship Diorama Build Blog : HMS Rodney : Pt14

The penultimate post!  Yes we're nearly there with the actual paint and build, we have two pieces to give us the planform of the ship the small pieces are the anchors...




The larger piece is the main mast... which was a bit of a pest.


To get it straight under it's own weight with a single point of glue.

I went with a dot of superglue, which I had led oxidize and cure a touch.


This let it at least sit whilst I then held it with a single finger, whilst it solidified a little more.  And then finally I put a layer of extra fresh superglue with a cocktail stick on the crows nest to just hold it level.

The final touches were then to a little deck furniture.


Next, and this truly scares me, is the final pieces of rigging...


We will get to that in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment