Sunday 9 January 2022

Ship Diorama Build Blog : HMS Rodney : Pt13

Well, it's been eleven months since I started her, and now it's been nearly eight since I last touched her, but finally, after a tumultuous period I'm back at the model making bench... Working on finishing the Rodney, the first task was to remove the dust which had gathered.  Then to start to fit the out rigger boats.

I took the ship off the weighted base, and the turrets off to dust her.


The waves were the worst thing to dust.


I spotted this section of the deck, behind the middle turret mount needs painting.


The first starboard side boat, the cleats added with poly cement and left to set, then the boat gun with super glue.


Close up of the port-side boats through my new magnifying boom.


And a general look at my work bench.

Highlights are the use of my new magnifying lighting boom... lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment