Monday 1 February 2021

My Three Boys Passed Away

Right guys, it can't be helped, and the post numbers clearly show the trend... I am more busy now than ever, this is mainly a work thing, working from home, being in front of the computer a lot more, even in a lot more meetings about things.  It has to be said, my development time has taken a huge step up at work, and being so busy it makes you pretty tired and so my free time has dropped from my usual moaning about how things were or should be (because my tech life things are pretty good) and I'm just tired.

So, there have been fewer posts.  And my apologies for that right now.

And I am not here to promise more, it's up to me to deliver more posts, and interesting things to you.

I will try, honestly, I will try.

The first part of this year has however been a bit of a roller coaster, between covid, lockdown, moving, improving things in the house slowly, the mother-in-law having another heart attack and then this weekend we lost three of our lovely rabbits.

They were killed by a virus, we suspect RHD-2, which has the obserd first symptom of "Death".

Lets take a moment, my favourite two boys... Thumper 


Then big Bob, who I adored...


Bob you've met before, he was the one who accidentally scratched my chest when he had injured his ear... we saved his ear, and he grew up very big, as you can see he's as big as two of our dogs.

Both he and Thumper were really lovely matured with me, I really loved them both, they died literally hours apart.

The first of the trio we lost was Micky:


So three in a day, that's virulent, clearly they were different sizes and critically they were kept in separate hutches and places, Thumper lived in the house... However, they all mixed, as you can tell from the picture, they all met at different times so whatever it was was spread.

These three who passed were all our boys and it was a very sad day.

Luckily, and so far without any obvious signs of problem, the three girls are with us, and right now they live in the conservatory as we need to deep clean the shed and destroy the old hutches just in case.  But the weather is so cold right now we can't get out there to do a good job.



No comments:

Post a Comment