Wednesday 15 April 2015

Dungeon Crawler - C++/SDL/C# - Map Editor

My previous post today said, what have I been doing, You could imagine, not a lot of code, I've not been able to think... But today, I've thrown myself into the development again, and set about sorting out a map editor of some use.

I simply have to do something to distract me from my grief.

So, we can select the size of map we're working on, either from the pre-set sizes, or just entering a number:


Then we can select the brush we're using to draw tiles:


Adding Tiles:


We see the mouse over a tile with the orange surround:


Painting the brush is by pressing "1" for the first brush, and I'm going to add 2, 3, 4, etc. so you can have up to 9 brushes selected, basically the numpad will be key, with the floor tile (or even a random set of tiles) being numpad 5, and the 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 and 9 keys being the corners and walls, letting you quickly build a room or space.


You can also clear a tile with Delete...


The development efforts on this may soon be renamed "Spirit of Dude Development"...

No comments:

Post a Comment