Tuesday 2 February 2016

WarThunder: That's It I'm Done (I Quit)

After experiencing this... Ludicrous situation in "Realistic" battle in WarThunder, and recording, and reporting the issue... I finally, got a reply...


And you know what, I'm tired of getting replies which tell me I'm a fool.  First of all they keep insisting on a DXDiag report, despite my playing on Linux and hence using OpenGl, but I indulge them and provide the graphics report... Quite why my having a GeForce 770 GTX or a 260 GTX2 or whatever makes a difference in this situation, I'll never know, but it all just seems they obfuscate dealing with the actual problems by asking other questions.

And then for the chap to say to me "I'm not going to given an opinion without all the information"... After giving a 500 word explanation, I gave up, I quit...

Yes, I've quit WarThunder... I had a good run, I enjoyed parts of the game, but I find other parts so frustrating, and the main problem is the Russian attitude to everyone working there, the customer is most certainly the bottom of their feeding pond, and that attitude is just wrong.

Which is a shame, it's by far the most accessible and prettiest flight-sim out there, just their accuracy and attitude stink.  Their grasp on history for the era is very much tainted by the post patriotic war teachings of the Soviet Union, but that's understandable they were brought up in that era in that academic stance and culture, so they're going to be defensive and re-write the truth.  But I've heard them even opinionated that English people have a "Different Memory" of the second world war to the Soviets, well aside fom fighting it for longer, and supplying them with arms, which they conveniently deny, yes of cruse we did, we're a small island nation who were beaten on land, you are a huge land nation beaten to a bloody pulp through the paralytic effect of despotic leadership, the purges he'd carried out and the cult to which you all had to cow-tow in order to keep your life, let along fight the invader, even General Zukov had to cow-tow to Stalin in the end... But to let that still tarnish your memory of the truth is just beyond me.

So, what am I going to play?... Well, I've already re-installed World of Warships, and I'm enjoying it, and yes I know WarGaming; like Gaijin; is a Russian company, but unlike Gaijin they have head quaters at least in Europe, Cyprus to be exact.  They support the same dog shelter the wife and I have been supporting for years!... For example.





I'll therefore be spending more time there, I've already unlocked the Kongo Tier V Japanese battleship, and I'm back in the swing of things.... As my stats tell you in Co-op at least.


I've also got Crown of the Gods, Special Ops, Sniper Elite and a bunch of other stuff in the pipe-line to enjoy.

IL2 Cliffs of Dover, Battle of Stalingrad and DCS World will also have to step into the place for flight sims I have.

That's all.... MagzTV said it better than me... "WarThunder, fix your shit".

No comments:

Post a Comment