Thursday 8 January 2015

Programming - Elite Dangerous Tools - OCR

Update: You can now support this project at Patreon!


Update: Check January 2015 for a series of updates and information about this project - actually working and operating.

With our now stitched image, I've performed some research into OCR, online one can post the image below to sites and get OCR reading out of it... Here's the image, and a screen shot of what notepad contains once I open the resulting text.....



Yeah, not very pretty is it... Clearly the colours in the shot affect things.

So I put the image through a new custom filter, taking bright orange in the pixels and making them white but everything else black, this two tone image looks like this...

And it's OCR looks far more useful...


Now I need my own OCR... Hmmm... Lets have some research time.

No comments:

Post a Comment