Saturday 14 August 2021

That Time I Found a Pub

I don't mean just I was out in the country having a stroll and happened upon watering hole.

No, I was in my garden, and I found a pub.  Specifically the pub's kitchen floor.  The pub in question was the Miners Arms at Selston, obviously long since demolished, but they'd not broken the ground concrete up, just dug the nice neighbour diagonal's garage hole into it and so about seven inches down under my lawn was the white tile floor.

This made my lawn growing efforts a bit of a pest, they kept drying out.

Tree's also rooted along the tile level and it was impossible to landscape effectively.

The ground itself, the natural ground was very clay riddled, clay deposited during the last ice age as part of Alma Hill.  But still a challenge to dig out.

Not as challenging as the neighbours, but then, I've mentioned their mania before.

No comments:

Post a Comment