Sunday 12 May 2019

Development Job : Interview Questions?

I was asked a question a few hours ago, "how would you kill a named process"... This annoyed me on two levels, firstly, as I was put on the spot, but secondly I had already blogged about this exact problem just a few weeks ago...

The quiz master knew this, or rather they should have, given all the information they had about me, including this blog... So to ask tells me more about them, than my answering would tell them about me.

It tells me that they're working to a bare minimum investigative level, they're looking perhaps too much to their goal (which it to get answers they like) rather than checking anything produced before.

This would be a little like asking Sir John Geilgud, whilst interviewing for a country play.... "Have you done any acting?"

It frustrates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment