Wednesday 26 February 2020

Corvid 19: Chronovirus Bemusing Me

I'm a bit bemused by this whole Chronovirus affair, the amount of news time it's receiving and the amount of public awareness is brilliant; if not itself curtailing the inevitable spread of the virus itself.

For people to be aware is great.

In Nottingham it's not stopped my observing at least five people randomly spitting in the street today... but hey ho.

What bemuses me though is the news worthiness of this Corvid 19 virus, there are far more common and more deadly diseases and disorders out there, that are not receiving their due attention.

Lets assume the numbers given today on the BBC are correct, 78159 cases, of which 2717 deaths arose.  That's what 3.47% fatality rate....

Malaria can be up to 20% fatality rate, but we don't kick off about that do we?

Maybe it's something new, something about the modern works, Malaria is old it's no consequence, it's been killing us for millennia... Corvid 19 has only had a couple of months and that's alien not familiar.

I don't know, I'm just bemused by the whole thing....

Where have I been?... Well, I've been very busy with work and so I've not had chance to come to these pages at all this month, my apologies for that.  I've also been busy with the new land we've purchased, fitting gates, laying a road and helping in part to refurbish the stable block... More about that soon, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. I think the issue is the high transmissibility of this virus compared to, say, malaria. People are projecting that ~50% of all population might get infected at some point. 3% fatality would mean hundreds of millions dead. All this within a span of 6 months. It's got the potential to be much more severe than any other disease we have experienced.

    ReplyDelete