Sunday 10 February 2019

The Lost Router

Its gone... Just gone.. Puft... Up and gone... I remember it in the box, I remember packing it... Puft, gone, where is it?... Have you seen it?....

LOST


LinkSys WRT AC1900

Responds with the SSID "XelNet"

Likes to sit on the side serving internet pages to the house and the occasional belly rub....


It's just lost.. I've come this weekend to sort out my network situation, so I've finally gotten an afer market ADSL modem to replace the BT Home Hub, I've got a powerline network adapter to carry network upstairs to the wired office (rather than running wires through ceilings just yet).

I've gotten the hub for the garage and the hub for the office sorted... And all the smaller ethernet cables all crimped to perfect length to stop wires trailing all over under my desk and behind the TV.

But, then I go to find my router and it's just missing... I remember boxing it back in it's own box on moving day, I remember doing that.... I remember it distinctly.

I think it went into my car, not the wifes... My car is now clearly empty, I emptied it... So I've been through EVERY box in the garage three times, been through the loft twice, I've been through every nook and cranny I can find...

My thoughts are that maybe, perhaps, it's at the in-laws house, I've asked them to look and they just said "no"... But I think it's there by their PC and they don't realize the box which looks like theirs is mine.

So frustrating!


--------

Update, the wife came with to go through EVERY box in the garage with me... Guess what... No, no... She didn't come up smug (I knew you'd think she would)... The thing is still LOST... GONE LOST VANEEEEEEEESHED.... Gah.

I think I have to go look at the in-laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment