Thursday 21 February 2019

RAF Tornado Retires

I'm quite sad to see the retirement of an icon of my age, born in 1978 I saw the Tornado come into service and has a lad had a cool postcard poster of one coming into land, it was such a modern thing and to my eyes still is, the forward angle on the air intakes, the vaunted carrying capacity and the potential for this pan European jet to enter service and serve us well.

Which she has, the Tornado has been a mainstay for the RAF, its replacement isn't even clear cut, as the aircraft was so versatile, we see the Eurofighter Typhoon taking on the air-superiority and potentially some of the light strike capabilities, we see the F35 coming over from the US to augment the fighter force, but they're machines at the moment, they're things.  The Tornado for me, she has a certain personality.


No comments:

Post a Comment