Wednesday 13 December 2017

Virgin Media Cable to Wet String Maybe?

It has been just under a month since I started to measure my internet connection speed, I've been paying for 50Mbit, and receiving pittifully less at all times of the day, and huge dips during what is tabbed the "peak time".  We get massive slow-downs whilst streaming - constantly - opening say ITV player and then opening a web-site for wikipedia totally freezes the player until the whole wikipedia page has loaded - remember wikipedia is mainly text, there's very little media data being exchanged, but the player is just cut off; it's dreadful.

There's no reason for this, when I was paying for 200Mbit I was receiving around 33-36MBit at all times, so deciding to pay for only 50Mbit I was to save money and still get this speed I had had - since I never ever got more...

But it seems this is totally beyond Virgin Media, they're playing speed throttling shenanigans....

However, the clever chaps at Andrews and Arnold engineering might just have the solution for me... Wet string...

That's right, they're sending internet data, so that I presume is TCP/IP with the string acting as a conduit for the ADSL signal... Impressive, more impressive than my paid for cable service!

No comments:

Post a Comment