Sunday 12 November 2017

Virgin Media - Poor Internet Speed Measured

Phase one of my plan is now complete, I have monitored the speed of my internet ALLLL day, from just after I got home in the morning, through until just now.

No-other unit or device was being used through from around 4pm until just now - the wife and I went to watch the new Thor film at the cinema - so, how can Virgin Media explain that clear throttling down mid-afternoon...

It is awful and far below anything listed on their website, utter and total garbage speed.  Yet we see a general level of 25+ for most of the day

You will need to click this chart to see the image close up.

My data points were taken with my script - see the previous post - every 10 seconds, it has generally used resolved to the Server in Leeds.

The time markers (green) were added by myself, artificially, by eye.  But they give you the gist of the time, and I will also upload the raw CSV somewhere...

I am now going to hit twitter.



Edit - This is fabulous, I've just gone to the link I was provided to send info to Virgin, and this is what happens....

That was the page I wanted.... And the same message appears if one tries to see the local service status!

This really is getting criminal, no-one would be able to run a business on this kind of service, no-one could perform research or educational activities, and I can't work in my technology areas of interest at all... And complaining has resulted in nothing but indifference and stagnation.

No comments:

Post a Comment