Tuesday 3 June 2014

GeForce 770 GTX SC on WarThunder and World of Tanks

I want to enter a decent picture for the monthly Screenshot of the Month Competition over at WarThunder... I figure applying the vintage texture filter is going to be a must, and I'm going to have to find a reference shot then build skins for the aircraft involved.

Since I'm a bit of a billy no mates its also going to be important that I have something which is perhaps just my aircraft and some action in the foreground.

Nailing the aircraft custom skin is going to be the key...

But what pictures are floating around the internet for me to take on?


Spotting that one was promising, the P47 is not an aircraft I have unlocked yet, but I'm currently researching it, which would give me time to work on the custom skin... I think the difficulty would be finding that exact structure in the game and flying near it...

I've also looked at real-world footage of the BF110, but can't seem to find anything which fits...

I also spotted this image, which will require a friend or an AI stuka...


But, wait wait wait... You've all seen my screen shots and that I have either used a 540 GTX or an older 260 GTX Graphics card to play WarThunder... How can I possibly take really high quality screenshots?

Well.... Drum roll please... I've just been informed that an item from my Amazon Wish List has been purchased for me for my Birthday, which is very soon... The item is....


Oh yeah, an Nvidia GeForce 770 SC with ACX Cooler, not a 780, not a titan, but price versus performance for my rig this is the beefiest thing I've ever ever put in a PC my end.

And I am going to run WarThunder and World of Tanks in such stunning high detail that I'll get myself a case of "The Apocalypse Now's"... You Wouldn't know man, you weren't there!

No comments:

Post a Comment