Thursday 22 August 2013

Dubstep Vehicle

There's a guy lives on our street, he's got a problem, an obsession... Its his car, he's got an old X reg Volvo the kind your Dad would own, and he's constantly out polishing, washing and hoovering it... And its got those stupid huge speakers and sterio in it, you know the proper cliche type... "I spent more on the sound system than the car" type...

Anyway, he's always out playing this stupid noise - I would say music, but its not its just noise... Buuuuurrrrrrrrrr.... Drrrrrrrrrr... Gaaaaaaaaaaaaa....... zzzzzuuuuuuuuummmmmmm... No beat, no rhythm, just vibration.

Its stupid, but hey ho... anyway, I was trying to find an example of the sound he plays to tell someone who lives in Southampton, show them an example like, and I can't find out, clearly I'm too out of touch with "da youth" to know what the sounds he plays are called.

I guessed at DubStep, but DubStep has a pattern, a rhythm... and quite points to accentuate the change in tones... this stuff he plays is just droning monotone vibration shit....

But, in searching for this kind of music I've found two gems on the the YouTubes, here they are...


And...




No comments:

Post a Comment