Sunday 4 July 2010

The Colonists Are Doing Their Thing...

Well, today is the fourth of July, a day that a bunch of trouble makers signed a piece of paper declaring them independant or something... I still say John Hancock's signature says more about American personality today than it ever said as his actual name... but anyway...

Today, I've noticed has been a mixed day for MMORPG participation, the numbers of Americans one runs into in Eve for example has been markedly lessened. Whether that's a good thing or not, I'm uncertain, there's a core of pretty decent yanks out there flying about.
But, this is not the point of my post, today I've been working a little more on my planetary installations in Eve... and I've come one conclusion... Darren (of Common Sense Gamer) please, please, for the love of god almighty, please don't ever install any planetary gear in Eve.


Okay... Don't come crying to me when you try it and find out that its CCP's covert implementation of Farmville...

Yes, I'm affraid, I've come to the conclusion that appart from being able to make a product you can use or sell in New Eden, there is quite a lot of the same game mechanics as Farmville.

I find I've a set of extractors which are on long cycles, and a set which are on very short cycles, and these short cycled ones run out of materials to extract after just a few hours so I'm constantly going back to find more materials for them...

It's not a dead dog of a process yet, I'm still doing the tweaking to try and find a mix of extractors to optimize my cycles. I have intermediate silos to collect excess resources from the extractors, and provide it for the next industrial cycle.

But at the end of the day, this is just a lot of clicking every few hours... And, I don't think its all that much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment